Moisture Control System
Is Your Home Humidity Sick?
Aprilaire 1850 dehumidifier is an efficient way to reduce the effect of damaging and uncomfortable humidity in your home. It creates a dynamic air exchange that expels humid indoor air, resulting in a comfortable, dry, healthy living environment.
Unventilated moisture and polluted air may slowly be destroying your home and the health of your family.
The following symptoms may indicate a moisture or humidity problem, which left unchecked, may result in serious health problems and structural home damage.
Recognize signs of overly humid homesDampness, regardless of weather, during the summer Fogged up, "sweaty," or icy windows during winter months Year-round, look out for: mildew or mold build-up, peeling paint, allergic symptoms, and unsound structure or window frames
- Dampness, even during dry weather
- Musty basement odor
- Mold and mildew build-up
- Moisture and dampness on walls, floors and windows
- Fogged up, sweaty, icy windows
- Water on window sills
- Home heats up slowly
- Cold damp basement
- Rotting Windows and Frames
- Peeling paint and rust
- Stale, damp and polluted air
- Structural damage
- Allergic symptoms and respiratory discomfort
The Aprilaire 1850 expels moist, polluted air, which is replaced by fresher, warmer, drier air. This airflow draws in surface moisture, ventilating the entire area and drying out the structure.
As a result:
- Reduction in mold and musty odors
- Reduction in stagnant air
- Reduction in costly structural damage
- Reduction in window condensation
Indoor Air Quality
A home air exchange occurs as the polluted moist air is replaced with fresh outdoor replenishment air coming from the upstairs. As a result, there is improved indoor air quality, as well as:
- Expulsion of trapped gases, chemicals and biological contaminants, especially radon
- Creates a healthy air exchange 6-10 times a day
- Reduction in allergens and respiratory ailments
- Reduction in mites, roaches and general infestation
Aprilaire Beats Conventional Dehumidifiers
Aprilaire 1850 beats standard dehumidifiers on every level. Aprilaire 1850 dehumidifiers are not only 9/10 less expensive to run, you get the added benefit of a continuous air exchange for improved air quality, and the reduction of risks associated with moisture and mold.
"Great crew...Courteous, efficient, and dependable. They did a great job installing a french drain in my basement. Very happy with the results. Thank you Jason and crew on a job well done!!"
~Dave S. - Facebook