The Aprilaire 1850 expels moist, polluted air, which is replaced by fresher, warmer, drier air. This airflow draws in surface moisture, ventilating the entire area and drying out the structure.
As a result:
- Reduction in mold and musty odors
- Reduction in stagnant air
- Reduction in costly structural damage
- Reduction in window condensation
Indoor Air Quality
A home air exchange occurs as the polluted moist air is replaced with fresh outdoor replenishment air coming from the upstairs. As a result, there is improved indoor air quality, as well as:
- Expulsion of trapped gases, chemicals and biological contaminants, especially radon
- Creates a healthy air exchange 6-10 times a day
- Reduction in allergens and respiratory ailments
- Reduction in mites, roaches and general infestation
Aprilaire Beats Conventional Dehumidifiers
Aprilaire 1850 beats standard dehumidifiers on every level. Aprilaire 1850 dehumidifiers are not only 9/10 less expensive to run, you get the added benefit of a continuous air exchange for improved air quality, and the reduction of risks associated with moisture and mold.